Weather woman Ingrid Hipkiss' forecast for the futurePosted to Financial Capability on 03-11-2015
Our competition to get you thinking about the future has attracted some great entries, but there’s still time to send your ideas in.
We want to know what you’d put in a survival kit to get you through retirement. We’re looking for financial suggestions, but also health, wellbeing and fun.
For anyone who is struggling for inspiration, we’ve asked some high profile New Zealanders what they’d include in their kit.
First up is 3 News weather presenter Ingrid Hipkiss.
- Delay retirement until at least 70, but cut down to part-time by 65;
- Focus on paying mortgage;
- Cross fingers that Auckland property market doesn’t crash;
- Take Henry David Theroux’s advice and “grow rich by wanting less”;
- Increase Kiwi Saver contributions … one day;
- Health is the greatest wealth, do something physically active every day;
- Follow that by long periods watching all the Netflix I currently don’t make time for (still only halfway through Breaking Bad);
- Stick to a budget and don’t use credit cards ever;
- Enjoy free/cheap luxuries .. a coffee and good book (from the library), spending time with loved ones; and
- Eliminate the word “should” from my vocab, and do more of what I want, when I want!
We’d love to hear what you’d do; check back again next week for some more ideas.
The Commission will give the winner an iPad, and they will also get a full financial plan, worth up to $3,000, thanks to the support of the Institute of Financial Advisers.
Two runners-up will receive financial health checks, also thanks to the IFA, and valued at up to $750.
Send your entry to email@example.com
For the competition terms and conditions click here.
Next: New vacancy: Programme Manager Community