New vacancy: Media ManagerPosted to Financial Capability on 28-09-2017
We're on a mission to help New Zealanders of all ages make informed decisions throughout their lives that will help them get ahead financially.
But it isn't always easy cutting through the noise and grabbing attention, which is why we need you.
The Commission for Financial Capability doesn't have an exciting name, yet our approach is anything but dull. You might know us for our award-winning Sorted.org.nz website but there's much more to us that that. When we had to report to the government last year about retirement income policies, we used stop-motion animation with Ken, Barbie and a team of superheroes. This work won us an award – for public engagement – and we want to continue this engagement, and grow the profile of our key spokespeople (including the Retirement Commissioner).
We are looking for a Media Manager with proven experience building trust and influential relationships, someone who can proactively identify reputation opportunities & risks, enjoys the challenge of profile building and making complex, technical matters accessible and interesting.
So, if you know a good story when you see one, then get in touch.
Here’s what you need to bring to the party:
- 7 years' experience in media relations management, PR and/or corporate communications.
- Established media relationships.
- Excellent communication, public presentation and writing, editing and oral communication.
- Excellent project management and negotiation skills, working at a strategic level.
- A tertiary qualification or equivalent in either communication, journalism or related field.
- You must be well-organised and able to plan, prioritise and manage time.
- Resilient so you work well under pressure, are adaptable and resourceful to overcome problems and consistently meet deadlines.
- A team player – we're a small team and from time to time you will need to pitch in.
- A passion for, and understanding of, financial capability.
- A demonstrated high level of intellectual, creative, conceptual, strategic and analytic ability.
- An eye on the rest of the world, so you keep innovating and ensuring we stay ahead of the pack in the way we communicate.
- The confidence to provide insights and recommendations that will improve the Commission's reach.
We can offer a job that changes lives, in a work environment that’s busy but still makes sure there’s time for some laughs. You’ll be working with a passionate team, in Britomart.
Next: Pacific pride and joy at financial capability graduation