New vacancy: Video Production ManagerPosted to Financial Capability on 28-09-2017
We’re on a mission to help New Zealanders of all ages make informed decisions throughout their lives that will help them get ahead financially.
But it isn’t always easy cutting through the noise and grabbing attention, which is why we need you.
The Commission for Financial Capability doesn’t have an exciting name, yet our approach is anything but dull. You might know us for our award-winning Sorted.org.nz website but there’s much more to us that that. When we had to report to the government last year about retirement income policies, we used stop-motion animation with Ken, Barbie and a team of superheroes.
We’re big believers in video to deliver our messages and to help bring about behaviour change. We want someone with filming and post production experience with a contemporary creative style to join the team to plan and create video content for the Commission and Sorted’s online channels. It’s an end-to-end role … planning, filming, interviewing, scripting, editing and motion graphic design as well as contributing to the wider team’s creative strategies. You’ll get to take on a wide variety of projects.
Here’s what you need to bring to the party:
- A production degree and possibly post-graduate qualification in digital media and film production.
- Creative storytelling experience.
- Knowledge of how to set up and operate a multi camera shoot
- Experience at capturing a quality audio
- Lighting experience (2-3 point lighting and when to use lighting over natural light)
- Experience operating a DSLR still camera for portrait and event photography.
- Proficiency in the use of Premier Pro (or other industry standard edit software such as AVID or Final Cut Pro as well as Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects to support editing work.
- An understanding of how video interacts in social media and know your way round the ins and outs of directing a live broadcast and know how to work with a virtual team.
- You must be well-organised and able to plan, prioritise and manage time.
- Resilient so you work well under pressure, are adaptable and resourceful to overcome problems and consistently meet deadlines.
- A team player who enjoys collaboration.
- A passion for, and understanding of, financial capability.
- A demonstrated high level of intellectual, creative, conceptual, strategic and analytic ability.
- An eye on the rest of the world, so you keep innovating and ensuring we stay ahead of the pack in the way we communicate.
- The confidence to provide insights and recommendations that will improve the Commission’s cut through and reach from a design perspective.
We can offer a job that changes lives, in a work environment that’s busy but still makes sure there’s time for some laughs. You’ll be working with a passionate team, in Britomart.
Next: New vacancy: National Manager, Students and Schools