Join CFFC as Research & Strategy ManagerPosted to Financial Capability on 20-04-2017
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, experienced, professional and organised Research & Strategy Manager to join our small but fast-paced organisation.
Working alongside the Retirement Commissioner, you will be a critical and valued member of our team. You will provide high-level, comprehensive support to the Retirement Commissioner and bring exceptional people skills, a proactive approach to work and the ability to prioritise and multi-task. A good sense of humour will also help you fit into our friendly, tight knit team!
Key Requirements include:
- Enhance the Commission's capability, knowledge base and reputation as an independent and authoritative source on behavioural change matters relating to New Zealand's financial capability and retirement income policies
- Manage and lead the Commission's research function, including setting the strategic direction, the development and implementation of operational plans and managing outputs and performance
- Provide support and advice to the Commission on qualitative, quantitative and evaluation research and the resulting strategic implications
- Provide leadership on the effects of psychological, social, cognitive, and emotional factors on the behavioural decisions of individuals and institutions
- Manage the development of research insights from user profile and website utilisation data within Sorted and secondary data sources
- Provide analysis to support improved economic outcomes associated with increasing financial capability
- Manage the Commission's three yearly review of government retirement income policy
- Collaborate in cross-government research initiatives to build a cohesive and coordinated approach to behaviour change
Knowledge, experience & skills required:
- Demonstrated experience in market research on why and how people make decisions
- Effective delivery and management of behavioural change projects
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts and to present arguments clearly and concisely
- Ability to plan, organise, monitor and deliver at a strategic level
- Demonstrated leadership ability and people management skills
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse range of people of varying backgrounds, skills and education levels
- Demonstrated experience of managing a programme of research projects and associated suppliers
- Combination of public and private sector experience
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person.
If you have a passion for driving sustainable behaviour change, share our vision of everyone getting ahead financially and would relish the chance to help make real change in people's lives, then we'd like you to submit your CV with separate covering letter through Seek.
Next: How much will NZ Super cost in the future?