Join an organisation transforming how we achieve sustained behaviour change with financial capability for New Zealander’s.
The HR Manager is an integral part of the Operations team within CFFC, supporting a team of approx. 35-40 people. Reporting directly to the GM of Operations, this position is responsible for the effective development and delivery of all HR requirements on behalf of the organisation. As the HR Manager, you will establish yourself as a trusted adviser to the Retirement Commissioner and Leadership Team, supporting the strategic direction of the organisation. You will ensure that we have the right people, processes, systems and organisational structures in place to deliver on our objectives. The focus of this role will be to develop and implement initiatives that will support the building of exceptional team culture, talent and capability.
You bring strong HR expertise and proficiency, combined with outstanding relationship skills that align with the organisation and its aspirations. As the HR specialist, you will have the business acumen and experience to work at all levels and enjoy getting stuck in to see positive results.
If you’re motivated by the opportunity to drive genuine and lasting business success and want to enjoy supporting a leadership team focused on creating a great place to work, then we would love to hear from you.
Key aspects of the role include:
The HR Management role requires a professional practitioner, with exceptional relationship building abilities and extensive expertise in providing practical HR advice and support to our organisation. You will be primarily supporting the GM of Operations, Retirement Commissioner and Leadership Team to achieve objectives in wider organisational wellbeing. This role requires the ability to build, develop and maintain best practice HR processes, policies and systems that incorporate and reflect our responsibilities as an autonomous crown entity. You will be expected to facilitate and establish appropriate training and professional development pathways and take the lead on all HR projects and initiatives to support the Operations team in delivering future-focused improvements that will ensure CFFC is in the best position and has the best platform to achieve its key deliverables for all New Zealanders.
- Providing a full spectrum HR support function to CFFC
- Proficiencies in advising and coaching managers on the full range of HR and employment relations matters
- Well-developed knowledge of HR legislation, systems and best practice that meet the needs and objectives of the organisation, ensuring compliance with applicable legislation and health and safety regulations
- Providing regular employment reporting metrics for strategy planning, decision making, and government reporting
- Contributing to effective strategies in the event of foreseen or unforeseen change
- Providing end to end recruitment, on-boarding, induction and exit process development and support
- Recruiting ‘highly skilled and best cultural fit’ employees for the organisation and function
- Dealing with all aspects of employee relations, including disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Development of remuneration and benefits strategies, training and development pathways
- Ensuring systems and processes are up to date and communicated effectively across the organisation, ensuring all staff are made aware of any changes
- Continued development of appropriate HR information systems and employee records
- Ensuring Annual Objective & Performance Reviews are completed, providing coaching and support as necessary
- Advising and reviewing the effectiveness of the Objectives-setting and Performance Management process
- Identify and deliver mentoring and coaching opportunities to staff as needed
- Work collaboratively with GM of Operations to ensure effective processes are in place and align with other areas as required
- Organise appropriate team moral, wellness and building events
- The ability to operate at both a strategic and hands on operational level
- Experience in leading and implementing new initiatives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship management capabilities
- A commitment to, and an understanding of, the Treaty of Waitangi and multi-culturalism
- Ability to identify with and promote the values of CFFC
- Ablity to contribute toward a positive culture, retention and performance growth strategy for CFFC.
Skills and experience
- A relevant tertiary level qualification in Industrial Relations/Human Resource Management and/or 7-10 years relevant experience is essential
- Experience across a broad range of HR practices including practical up to date knowledge of New Zealand employment legislation
- An understanding of how organisations function is essential (beyond the HR function)
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR strategy and the impact on organisational development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to be adaptable in an ever-changing environment, well-organised and able to multi-task
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- To be proactive, positive and professional at what you do - have a passion for HR, people and the drive to succeed.
- Demonstrated experience in leading the HR function within organisation
- Experience in developing and leading internal training workshop opportunities for staff.
What we offer
- A flexible work life balance approach
- A passionate and innovative team environment - we're not your typical government agency
- A people-centric culture focused on wellness, teamwork, diversity and flexibility
- Stunning Britomart offices, sea views, and only 2 minutes from the train station
- The ability to be part of an organisation making a difference to the lives of New Zealanders.
For more information about CFFC and what we do, see our Statement of Intent 2017/20.
About the Commission for Financial Capability
We're on a mission to help New Zealanders of all ages make informed decisions throughout their lives that will help them get ahead financially.
The Commission for Financial Capability doesn't have an exciting name, yet our approach is anything but dull. You might know us for our award-winning sorted.org.nz website, but there's much more to us than that.
As a thought leader in our field, CFFC is shifting the way people think about and manage their money. We lead the way in achieving sustained behaviour change in New Zealanders’ financial capability.
Together with a range of partners, we are building wealth and wellbeing for the retirees of today and tomorrow.