Join an organisation transforming how we achieve sustained behaviour change with financial capability for New Zealander’s.
Marketing, Communications & Content for the Review of Retirement Income Policy public engagement; Frauds and Scams education and awareness; and in support of our monitoring role on the effects of Retirement Villages Act. The position requires a broad range of marketing capability from liaising and working with research to briefing and co-ordinating our in-house content production unit and collaborating closely to align external communications.
The Marketing Project Manager will also support the Review of Retirement Income Programme Director to maintain and ensure broader CFFC and external stakeholders can deliver to a clearly defined workplan within tight timeframes.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Planning and delivering a marketing plan to build awareness and engagement with New Zealanders on key CFFC topics including the Review of Retirement Income Policy.
- Overseeing creative and content deliverables with the in-house CFFC team
- Collaborating with media relations expertise to take stories to NZ via Earned media
- Project co-ordination and support for the Programme Director.
Strategy & Planning
- Refine the strategy and own the delivery of the marketing plan for CFFC (excludes Sorted) to drive awareness and engagement with all stakeholders and the public
- Overall responsible for paid and owned budgets ensuring quarterly and annual metrics are delivered alongside strategic vision and goals of CFFC
- Co-ordination and support across the Review of Retirement Income Policies Programme
Media, Creative & Content
- Development and briefing of key messaging integrating into video, media releases, eDM, events and other customer and stakeholder touchpoints to create consistency
- Collaborate with content production team to develop marketing assets
- Ensure alignment of activities across earned channels through collaboration with Media Relations Manager, Digital Channels Manager and Content producers
- Oversees the writing of website content, eDM and other channel material where required
- Work with Media Manager to develop media relations plan and press releases to maintain CFFC’s presence as a thought leader and keep the public informed on identified issues
Analysis and Evaluation
- Work closely with broader team to develop relevant analysis and evaluation of marketing specific activities using marketing automation tools
- Set up KPIs and measurement process and evaluation for all new marketing initiatives in conjunction with Head of Content and relevant internal stakeholders
- Upload and manage relevant content sections in website CMS (SilverStripe)
- Manage programme related EDM databases, along with EDM template content population and dispatch (MailChimp and HubSpot)
- Manage relevant HubSpot CRM contact directories and workflows (technical support/training will be available)
- Prepare analytics reporting using Google Analytics, HubSpot and MailChimp (technical support/training will be available)
- High level of collaboration and understanding of broader CFFC needs
- Lead on outcomes required through close linkage and organisation with broader Content and Marketing team
- Contribute to Marketing & Content team culture and planning of activities
Health and safety
- Support the team to ensure we create a culture where health and safety if paramount
- Continually assess and promote safe working conditions for all employees
- Ensure all accidents, incidents and hazards are reported accurately and in a timely manner
- Actively promote and support the health & safety policy and procedures
- Fulfil other duties as required by management and other department personnel.
Essential skills and experience
Education - Marketing Project Manager must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business Administration, Public Relations, International Relations, Information Technology, or any other related field. A working experience of the equivalent may also acceptable.
Experience - A suitable candidate will have had experience of over 5 years working in a marketing and communications role with recent experience and success in executing digital marketing activities. Experience of working with in-house social media and content production teams would be an advantage. Experience of working in Government organisation or with a Policy focus an advantage but not essential.
The ideal candidate will have the tenacity and drive to deliver results on budget and within a fluid framework. While the CFFC strategic deliverables remain the same, the way in which they are achieved must be done in an innovative and future-focused way. At CFFC sometimes change is the status quo, as we work to deliver in a constantly moving landscape.
Some digital software/platform experience is highly desirable (eg: CMS, CRM, EDM, Google Analytics).
Attributes - Can research, troubleshoot and solve problems. A proven can-do attitude. A self-starter requiring little supervision (but seeks guidance when required) and works the hours needed to be successful to deliver the outcomes required.
Communication & Interpersonal Skills - The candidate for this position must demonstrate exceptional communication skills, both in written and verbal form. We need someone who is a self-starter, able to take initiative while also bringing the teams along for the journey, regularly checking in and working with feedback.
Collaboration - The candidate must possess strong collaboration skills with proven experience of working in cross-functional projects. Ideally, the candidate has worked in an agile environment, is comfortable making decisions and also acting on agreed decisions to enable continuous progression of workflow in a time sensitive manner.
What we offer
- A flexible work-life balance approach
- A passionate and innovative team environment - we're not your typical government agency
- A people-centric culture focused on wellness, teamwork, diversity and flexibility
- Stunning Britomart offices, sea views, and only 2 minutes from the train station
- The ability to be part of an organisation making a difference to the lives of New Zealanders.
- For more information about CFFC and what we do, see our Statement of Intent 2017/20
About the Commission for Financial Capability
We're on a mission to help New Zealanders of all ages make informed decisions throughout their lives that will help them get ahead financially.
The Commission for Financial Capability doesn't have an exciting name, yet our approach is anything but dull. You might know us for our award-winning sorted.org.nz website, but there's much more to us than that.
As a thought leader in our field, CFFC is shifting the way people think about and manage their money. We lead the way in achieving sustained behaviour change in New Zealanders’ financial capability.
Together with a range of partners, we are building wealth and wellbeing for the retirees of today and tomorrow.
Our vision: Everyone getting ahead financially
Our mission: Driving sustainable behaviour change
Our values: Bold and Brave, Real, Unreasonable, Curious, Intelligent and Empathetic