Join an organisation transforming how we achieve sustained behaviour change with financial capability for New Zealander’s.
The National Manger – Sorted in Schools, is responsible for leading the Sorted in Schools team to deliver a financial capability programme that equips young New Zealanders for their financial future.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Leading a talented team to deliver outstanding results
- Building strong partnerships critical to the programme’s success
- Supporting the successful delivery of multiple programme streams including, product development, evaluation, professional development, digital, and marketing and communications.
The National Manager – Sorted in Schools has responsibility for the following key areas:
- Leading and effectively managing the Sorted in Schools programme team.
- Supporting the project management of the Sorted in Schools programme
- Supporting the design, construction and execution of a professional leadership development programme for teachers.
- Supporting the design, development and launches of teaching and learning content for the New Zealand Curriculum and Māori Medium Education workstreams across years 9-13.
- Supporting the marketing and communications team members to execute the marketing and communications plan to ensure programme success.
- Responsibility of the Sorted in Schools programme budget.
- Ensuring a robust external evaluation programme is designed, constructed and implemented.
- Ensuring programme reporting is up to date and that key measures are defined and reported on as and when required.
- Building, nurturing and maintaining outstanding relationships with external partners critical for the success of Sorted in Schools.
- Ensuring that the Sorted in Schools website delivers an outstanding user experience for teachers and students.
- In conjunction with the Director of Learning and programme team, develop, monitor and continuously improve the strategy for Sorted in Schools.
Skills and experience
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in leading complex, multi-faceted workstreams in an educational setting.
- A minimum of 7 years demonstrated leadership and management experience on scale with the deliverables required from the Sorted in Schools programme.
- Extensive experience in developing learning and assessment resources that align to either unit standards or achievement standards.
- Extensive experience in working with external partners to deliver products and services on time, on budget and within scope.
- Strength in hiring, managing, mentoring and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to perform at a high level and get results.
- A strong understanding of the education sector and NZQF.
- Strong strategic capabilities while also being able to manage and implement the day to day deliverables of a long-term plan.
- Strong analytical skills to manage a significant budget and build measurements of success.
- Demonstrated experience in problem solving.
- Highly effective at creating new partnerships and relationships internally and externally.
- A proven can-do attitude; is a self-starter requiring little supervision (but seeks guidance when required).
- Demonstrated experience in managing large budgets.
What we offer
- A flexible work life balance approach
- A passionate and innovative team environment - we're not your typical government agency
- A people-centric culture focused on wellness, teamwork, diversity and flexibility
- Stunning Britomart offices, sea views, and only 2 minutes from the train station
- The ability to be part of an organisation making a difference to the lives of New Zealanders.
For more information about CFFC and what we do, see our Statement of Intent 2017/20
About the Commission for Financial Capability
We're on a mission to help New Zealanders of all ages make informed decisions throughout their lives that will help them get ahead financially.
The Commission for Financial Capability doesn't have an exciting name, yet our approach is anything but dull. You might know us for our award-winning sorted.org.nz website, but there's much more to us than that.
As a thought leader in our field, CFFC is shifting the way people think about and manage their money. We lead the way in achieving sustained behaviour change in New Zealanders’ financial capability.
Together with a range of partners, we are building wealth and wellbeing for the retirees of today and tomorrow.