Join an organisation transforming how we achieve sustained behaviour change with financial capability for New Zealander’s.
The Programme Director is responsible for overseeing delivery of CFFC’s 2019 Review of Retirement Income Policies. The three yearly review is a key deliverable for CFFC that raises awareness of retirement income policy issues and provides robust policy advice in a formal report that that is delivered to Parliament in December.
NZ Super is expected to triple in cost over the next 20 years. Healthcare costs will increase too. How will future governments manage this challenge? What do we believe as a society about intergenerational equity, which simply means what do we owe our children and grandchildren and what do they owe us?
This is a high profile workstream that generates significant public and political interest. The recommendations from previous Reviews have resulted in a number of legislative changes across Government.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Managing delivery of the full lifecycle of the Review including project planning, implementation, commissioning research, engaging stakeholders, overseeing public consultation and drafting the final report for Parliament.
- Working alongside the CFFC marketing team to implement a strategy for public engagement
- Ensuring that project deliverables meet the agreed milestones, specifications and legislative timeframes.
The Programme Director has responsibility for the following key areas:
- Background research and development of programme work plan. Work with the Leadership Team and research analyst to agree key research work streams that need to be commissioned and delivered
- Work with Leadership Team to agree key statement of performance expectation measures for the Review
- Work with research analyst to draft contracts for engagement of research services including statement of work deliverables
- Establish a programme control group and Government stakeholders group
- Work with CFFC marketing team to create a communications plan and media strategy
- Draft consultation paper for public engagement and review
- Lead delivery of public consultation on draft recommendations including working with the marketing team to implement the communications and media strategy
- Finalise report with recommendations ready for tabling in Parliament by December 2019.
Skills and experience
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience policy, programme design and management, strategic policy development, research
- Knowledge of retirement income issues is beneficial
- Superior research and report writing skills
- Recognised senior public sector leader that is well respected by peers
- Demonstrated leadership and management successes on scale with the deliverables required from our workstream
- Ability to forge new relationships and create strong partnerships. Strong collaboration and commitment to participatory approaches
- Strength in managing, mentoring and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to perform at a high level and get results
- A strong understanding of machinery of government
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills that engage with a range of different audiences
- Strong analytical skills and measurement of success
- Demonstrated results in navigating complex systems and proven experience creating new partnerships
- A proven can-do attitude, is a self-starter requiring little supervision (but seeks guidance when required) and works the hours needed to be successful to deliver complicated and complex outcomes.
What we offer:
- A passionate and innovative team environment, we're not your typical government agency
- A people centric culture focused on wellness, teamwork, diversity and flexibility
- Stunning Britomart offices, sea views, and only 2 minutes to the train station
- The ability to be part of an organisation making a difference to the lives of New Zealander's.
The CFFC is the home of financial capability in New Zealand. As an autonomous crown entity, our main task is to help New Zealanders become financially capable, putting them in the best possible position to achieve their life goals and reach retirement in good financial health. We do this through financial education, information, tools and resources, to driving sustainable behavioural change. The CFFC also reviews and promotes public debate and information on New Zealand’s retirement income policies and provides oversight for the Retirement Villages sector.
Our vision: Everyone getting ahead financially
Please also check out sorted.org.nz and this website to get a flavour of our work.