Monitoring and reports
The Retirement Commissioner monitors the effects of the Retirement Villages Act 2003.
An independent monitoring programme began in 2008, with reports on the following focus areas:
- 2009: Statutory supervisors
- 2010: Owner-operators
- 2011: Residents
- 2014–15: The disputes process
- 2016-17: The effectiveness of independent legal advice
- 2017-18: The effectiveness of statutory supervision
- 2018-19: The interface of retirement villages and aged care.
Monitoring reports are available here.